Since there's a lot of pork produced in the Midwest, I think this recipe represents our area well. My family likes to grill pork chops, and this is the recipe that they request most often. We love the sweet/sour tang of the marinade.
Recommended: 22 Pickled Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 6 pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire and Liquid Smoke if desired; mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour the soda into a 13-in. x 9-in. glass baking dish. Add 1/2 cup of the sauce; mix well. Add chops and turn to coat; cover and refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce. Remove chops, discarding marinade. Grill chops, covered, over hot heat for 10-15 minutes per side or until juices run clear or the internal temperature reaches 160°. Heat reserved sauce and serve over chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Sour Chops in Country Extra September 1995, p49
Reviews forSweet 'n' Sour Chops
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2014
"These are simple and delicious !"