Sweet 'n' Sour Beans Recipe
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 large onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, combine the brown sugar, cider vinegar, garlic powder and mustard; bring to a boil. Stir in onions. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until onions are tender. Add the beans and bacon.
- 2. Pour into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
2/3 cup: 265 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 710mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 10g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Beans
"This recipe is not vegetarian. It's easy enough to make vegetarian though."
"bacon is not vegetarian"