I created this dish by combining two different recipes plus some of my own ideas. Folks are pleasantly surprised to see this chili brimming with ground pork instead beef.
Recommended: Top 10 Super Bowl Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook pork until no longer pink; drain. Remove and set aside. In the same kettle, saute celery, onion, green pepper and garlic until vegetables are tender; drain. Add pork and remaining ingredients; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Snappy Chili in Country Pork 1996, p34
Reviews forSweet 'n' Snappy Chili
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2012
"Family really loved this one!!"