- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup tropical medley dried fruit mix
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (12 ounces) unseasoned stuffing croutons
- In a large skillet, cook the apple, celery, onion, parsley, green onions and celery leaves in butter until tender. Add the fruit mix, cranberries, pecans, poultry seasoning, salt, sage and pepper. Stir in the broth, water and stuffing. Toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through and lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'N' Savory Apple Stuffing in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p31
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Savory Apple Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review