- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Arrange potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine the cream, flour, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat; pour over potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and the top is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSweet & White Scalloped Potatoes
"This was part of our Christmas dinner and it was incredible. I didn't have tyme and I saut?ed a small chopped onion with the garlic and made a rue with the flour before adding the cream. My seasonings were salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash and I added about 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. For color I sprinkled some fresh minced parsley over the top. We loved it! This dish is too heavy for regular meals but perfect for special occasions."
"I added pieces of sliced ham between the layers and used part half and half instead of all heavy cream. This was a hit with my family."
"I made this last evening and subed 1/2 & 1/2 for heavy cream and rosemary for thyme but the color was not pretty and there was not much taste. Even my husband did not care for it so we will Not be making this again. I threw out the remaining potatoes."
"Delicious! I will be making these again. As I don't care for thyme, I substituted parsley. Other than that, I followed the recipe as stated."
"These potatoes are fabulous! I've made them at least 5 times already this winter. I substitute 2 1/2 cups of the heavy cream with half and half to cut some calories but leave a little cream to add the richness. I've also added some fresh shredded Parmesan cheese to the recipe on occasion. These have gone into our regular winter rotation. Thanks for an amazing recipe."