- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Quartered fresh strawberries and fresh mint
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 minute. Heat and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, add boiling water to lemon gelatin; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve. Stir in unflavored gelatin mixture and limeade concentrate. Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- In a bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Beat gelatin mixture until frothy; fold in whipped cream. Transfer to an 8-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate, covered, until set.
- To serve, unmold onto a large plate. Serve with strawberries and mint. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forSweet & Tart Lemon Jell-O
"I liked it, however, it was very tart. I took to a gathering and noticed my friends not finishing the dessert. Made also using orange jello and orange juice. We liked that much better. Everybody's tastes are different."
"This was very good but need to mix very well. Next time I will try using frozen lemonade concentrate instead of limeade. Instead of strawberries, I used mandarin oranges in the center and around the bottom. It looked wonderful."
"This was very good! I made it in a crystal bowl and mixed about a cup of strawberries into it before I put it in the fridge. It seperated beautifully, and the strawberries floated to the top with the creamier mixture. It was a wonderful presentation and tasted great!"
"Have made this many times since it appeared in the magazine and it always receives raves. Fabulous!"