Sweet & Tangy Salmon with Green Beans
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place fillets in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. In a small skillet, melt butter; stir in brown sugar, soy sauce, mustard, oil, pepper and salt. Brush half of the mixture over salmon.
- Place green beans in a large bowl; drizzle with remaining brown sugar mixture and toss to coat. Arrange green beans around fillets. Roast until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork and green beans are crisp-tender, 14-16 minutes.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 3/4 cup green beans: 394 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 661mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Jul 27, 2018
Haven't tried this yet - just wondering why most salmon recipes don't indicate "skin-on" or "skinned"??
May 30, 2018
Definitely a keeper. My veggies and fish cooked all at the same time. Makes this an easy dish! The salmon was so good and I love my green beans roasted.
Apr 19, 2018
Mar 14, 2018
I liked this recipe very much.
Mar 9, 2018
Used asparagus instead of beans because that's what I had. Baked 20 minutes. I think green beans would need to bake longer because I like mine well done.
Jan 28, 2018
This was delicious. The only two things I did differently were omit the oil because I thought the butter was enough and it was. Perfect! I also added a red bell pepper to the green beans for color and because I hate to waste things. I couldn’t get enough of these veggies and I’m not a huge veggie fan. Mmmmmmmm, thanks for sharing! The salmon was also very delicious!
Aug 5, 2016
This was just an ok recipe for us. I slathered the salmon with the mixture, but we could barely taste it. The actual taste of the mixture was decent though. Not sure cooking the fresh green beans in the oven was the best idea though because they came out almost a little chewy. Maybe they were overcooked? I don't see how, considering I actually cut back the time. My oven does run a bit hot, but I adjust the temperature beforehand accordingly. I doubt we'll have this one again.
Jun 23, 2016
Delicious, healthy weeknight dinner. Perfect for nights hubby works late. I put it together ahead in a disposable pan in couple of minutes. Virtually no clean up.
Jun 19, 2016
Excellent recipe and easy to prepare. I didn't change anything in the recipe other than cooking it longer. Will definitely make again.
May 27, 2016
Great combination, we loved this! I had to cook it longer than stated, but the sauce complemented both the salmon and green beans well. Love that it cooks in the same pan; makes for easy cleanup! Will definitely make again, thanks for sharing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.