- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place fillets on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. In a small skillet, melt butter; stir in brown sugar, soy sauce, mustard, oil, pepper and salt. Brush half of the mixture over salmon.
- Place green beans in a large bowl; drizzle with remaining brown sugar mixture and toss to coat. Arrange green beans around fillets. Roast 14-16 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork and green beans are crisp-tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSweet & Tangy Salmon with Green Beans
"This was just an ok recipe for us. I slathered the salmon with the mixture, but we could barely taste it. The actual taste of the mixture was decent though. Not sure cooking the fresh green beans in the oven was the best idea though because they came out almost a little chewy. Maybe they were overcooked? I don't see how, considering I actually cut back the time. My oven does run a bit hot, but I adjust the temperature beforehand accordingly. I doubt we'll have this one again."
"Excellent recipe and easy to prepare. I didn't change anything in the recipe other than cooking it longer. Will definitely make again."
"Great combination, we loved this! I had to cook it longer than stated, but the sauce complemented both the salmon and green beans well. Love that it cooks in the same pan; makes for easy cleanup! Will definitely make again, thanks for sharing."
"I loved this recipe! I prepared this for myself last night, using a small disposable broiler pan. I did not have fresh green beans, so I used a small can of French-style green beans, draining them very well, before adding to the broiler pan along both long sides of my salmon fillet and spooning the sauce over all.I served it with some leftover rice and a glass of Chardonnay. Thoroughly enjoyable!! I will definitely prepare this recipe again!"
"I thought it was cloying sweet and we didn't care for it at all. It is the first recipe from Taste of Home that we did not enjoy at all."
"This is one of the few recipes my husband was willing to give 5 stars to. He loved the green beans and the sauce on the salmon was delicious . My daughter helped with the sauce and ate a large helping as well, not always typical in our house. I used spicy brown mustard instead of dijon but otherwise followed the recipe. Will definitely do this again. quick and delicious!"
"Very very tasty, but needed a bit longer in the oven than the directions say."
"Nice! Loved the flavor, especially with the green beans."
"Fantastic, easy recipe that cooks up quickly! A hit with my husband and my kids ate it without complaint, too."