These burgers combine some of my favorite flavors and textures, plus you can do most of the work ahead of time. You’ll find naan, an Indian flatbread, in the international or bread section of your grocery store. —Jamie Brown-Miller, Napa, California
Featured In: 34 Incredible Burgers to Grill This Summer
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 naan flatbreads, warmed
- 1/2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 package (5.3 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- Place cabbage in a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine the sesame seeds, lemon juice, mustard and oil; pour over cabbage and toss to coat.
- In a large bowl, combine the chili sauce, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Serve on naan with cabbage mixture, cucumber, red pepper and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet & Spicy Fusion Burgers in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p69