VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 8 pounds frozen chicken wingettes and drumettes, thawed
- In a large bowl, mix the first seven ingredients. Divide chicken wings and soy sauce mixture among two large resealable plastic bags; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place in two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake, covered, 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet & Sour Chicken Wings in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p44