VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 8 pounds frozen chicken wingettes and drumettes, thawed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the chicken wings; seal bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place wings in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet & Sour Chicken Wings in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p44