Sweet & Savory Slow-Cooked Beef
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 beef top round roast (4 pounds)
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 16 onion rolls, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Combine the barbecue sauce, water, brown sugar, chipotle pepper, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, soy sauce and seasonings. Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast and cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on rolls.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 374 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 974mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Mar 1, 2017
This was delicious!!! Easy and soooo good!!!
Jan 25, 2014
Keeper. Used crushed garlic, celery seed and left out the seasoning salt to keep the salt down.
Jan 19, 2014
We're not into spicy, so we use chopped green and/or sweet red pepper. Also leave out celery salt, use bits of celery instead. Very, very good!
Jan 11, 2014
Delicious ! The sauce is so yummy, My family really enjoyed the flavor. We don't like spicy so I used 1/2 a pepper and tweaked the measurements of some of the ingredients to suit our taste. Just taste as you go along. Def a keeper!
Dec 16, 2013
Great flavor and really simple to make. Sweet and Savory Slow-Cooked Beef is a 100% keeper!
Feb 23, 2013
out of celery salt used garlic powder. very good!
Sep 25, 2012
This has to be the easiest BBQ recipe
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.