Be prepared for a delightful surprise--the blue cheese in this dessert adds a touch of savory flavor that complements the sweetness of the apples. It’s always a big hit.—Jamie Jones, Madison Georgia
Recommended: 37 Dessert Recipes for People Who Love Cheesecake
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven 375°. In a small bowl, mix oats, walnuts and brown sugar; stir in butter. Divide mixture among eight paper-lined muffin cups; press onto bottoms to form a crust. Bake 7-9 minutes or until light brown. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in blue cheese. Pour over crusts.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until centers are almost set. Cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Refrigerate overnight, covering after cheesecakes are completely cooled.
- In a large skillet, combine brown sugar, cream, butter and salt; bring to a boil. Add apples; return to a boil. Cook 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool completely.
- To serve, remove liners from cheesecakes. Top cheesecakes with apple mixture; sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet & Savory Mini Apple Cheesecakes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014