Swedish Sugar Toast
"The recipe for this tasty spiced toast comes from a dear friend, and I've shared it with many people," says Helen Applequist, a reader from St. Louis Park, Missouri.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Butter, softened
- 1 loaf white bread, thinly sliced (about 18 slices)
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread; sprinkle sugar mixture on buttered side. Cut in half diagonally. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 122 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.