Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Butter, softened
- 1 loaf white bread, thinly sliced (about 18 slices)
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread; sprinkle sugar mixture on buttered side. Cut in half diagonally. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
2 each: 122 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.