Swedish Almond Rusks Recipe
Not too sweet, these nutty, crunchy cookies go well with a cup of hot coffee...and travel well in care packages, too!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in extract. Sift together flour, cardamom and soda; add alternately with sour cream to creamed mixture. Fold in almonds. Divide dough into six parts; shape into rolls (like refrigerated cookie dough). Place three each on two greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes or until light brown. Remove rolls to cutting board. Using a sharp knife, slice rolls diagonally 1/2 in. thick. Place cookies on sheets; return to oven and bake until light brown. Cool; store in tightly covered containers. Yield: 6 dozen.
2 each: 184 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Swedish Almond Rusks
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC