Susan’s Stuffed Tomatoes
Before I created this recipe, I wasn't much of a salad eater. Now it's a summertime specialty. Even my husband and four sons look forward to these super stuffed tomatoes.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small carrot, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste
- 5 medium tomatoes
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and chill for 2-3 hours. Cut tomatoes not quite through into six equal wedges; spread apart. Place 1/2 cup chicken salad in center of each tomato. Serve on lettuce if desired.
Originally published as Susan's Stuffed Tomatoes in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.