Surprise Tuna Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 12 bread slices, toasted
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; spread over six slices bread. Top each with a cheese slice and remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 476 calories, 28g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Sep 17, 2013
This is a great crunchy salad! Being from Maryland, I did feel the need to add 1 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning. Absolutely perfect! Works well as a sandwich and even better scooped up with corn chips, crackers, or pita chips. This would also lend itself well to the addition of other seasonings such as curry.