- 2 cups chopped yellow summer squash
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4 cups crumbles corn bread
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the squash and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in remaining ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSurprise Stuffing
"This is delicious! I used zucchini in place of the yellow squash to use up my garden supply"