- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into 20 cubes
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat brown sugar and butter on high for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- Flatten each biscuit into a 3-in. circle. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon in the center of each biscuit. Top with a cream cheese cube. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal tightly.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup walnuts into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the biscuits, cinnamon-sugar and butter mixture and 1/2 cup walnuts. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf (12 servings).
Reviews forSurprise Monkey Bread
"This is a very confusing recipe. You have 16 biscuits, but it says to cut the cream cheese into 20 cubes. It's good though."
"My whole family loved this bread. It was so hard to walk away from it!"
"My hubby and daughter both said these were delicious! I made homemade biscuits, but otherwise made as directed. Thanks for sharing!"
"Everybody loved this one. Want it again soon!"
"I made this for my husband coffee group. The men didn't leave me a crumb. One of the guys said this is the best recipe yet. I always made them "monkey bread""
"Made this for a family brunch, and everyone all 25 family members loved it."