Surprise Crinkles Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) fun-size Milky Way candy bars
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Cut each candy bar into fourths; push one portion into the center of each ball, completely covering candy with dough. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown and surface cracks. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 9 dozen.
2 each: 164 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Surprise Crinkles
"Very good, but next time I'll skip the cinnamon."
"I have made these many times and don't last very long."
"this looks great and taste GREAT!!!!!!"
"May I ask what is the best shortening to use?"
"I made these for home and for work and everyone raved about them. They were delicious. I will definitely make them again."