Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (13.3 ounces each) fun-size Milky Way candy bar
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Cut each candy bar into fourths; push one portion into the center of each ball, completely covering candy with dough. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown and surface cracks. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 164 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 2, 2014
Very good, but next time I'll skip the cinnamon.
Jan 11, 2012
I have made these many times and don't last very long.
Apr 12, 2011
this looks great and taste GREAT!!!!!!
Apr 12, 2011
May I ask what is the best shortening to use?
Jun 21, 2010
I made these for home and for work and everyone raved about them. They were delicious. I will definitely make them again.