Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (13.3 ounces each) fun-size Milky Way candy bar
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Cut each candy bar into fourths; push one portion into the center of each ball, completely covering candy with dough. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown and surface cracks. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 164 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 2, 2014
Very good, but next time I'll skip the cinnamon.
Jan 11, 2012
I have made these many times and don't last very long.
Apr 12, 2011
this looks great and taste GREAT!!!!!!
Apr 12, 2011
May I ask what is the best shortening to use?
Jun 21, 2010
I made these for home and for work and everyone raved about them. They were delicious. I will definitely make them again.