- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup butter or stick margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a microwave-safe dish, mash beans with a fork until smooth; cover and microwave for 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through. Add cocoa, butter and vanilla. (Mixture will be thick.) Slowly stir in sugar; add nuts. Press mixture into a 9-in. square pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Cut into 1-in. pieces. Yield: about 3-1/2 pounds.
Reviews forSurprise Chocolate Fudge
"By using canola oil instead of butter, this is perfect for a friend who is lactose-intolerant. The first time I made this, the bits of skin from mashed beans was unpleasant, so I've used the blender for the beans since then for a smoother consistency."
"This is one of the best recipes I've ever made. Friends and family couldn't believe it was made with beans. I made mine in my mixer. It was a lot easier"