Surprise Cheese Ball
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makes1 cheese ball (2-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese, onions and contents of seasoning mix from ramen noodles; beat until fluffy. Finely crush the noodles. Add noodles and pecans to cream cheese mixture; mix well. Shape into a ball; roll in parsley. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 83 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 5, 2011
I thought this was OK, but not great; a little bland for my taste.
Sep 23, 2009
I made this, but I used 2 8 oz. pkgs. of cream cheese. 2 oz. would not set up enough to make a ball. What is the correct amount?