Surprise Cheese Ball
Ramen noodles are the secret ingredient in this savory appetizer. This is great to take to school functions, church fellowships and family holiday gatherings. If you’re in a hurry, don’t form it into a ball. Simply serve it right away as a spread for crackers. —Phyllis Stanley, Avery, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makes1 cheese ball (2-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese, onions and contents of seasoning mix from ramen noodles; beat until fluffy. Finely crush the noodles. Add noodles and pecans to cream cheese mixture; mix well. Shape into a ball; roll in parsley. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 83 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 5, 2011
I thought this was OK, but not great; a little bland for my taste.
Sep 23, 2009
I made this, but I used 2 8 oz. pkgs. of cream cheese. 2 oz. would not set up enough to make a ball. What is the correct amount?