- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese, onions and contents of seasoning mix from ramen noodles; beat until fluffy. Finely crush the noodles. Add noodles and pecans to cream cheese mixture; mix well. Shape into a ball; roll in parsley. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 cheese ball (2-1/2 cups).
Reviews forSurprise Cheese Ball
"I thought this was OK, but not great; a little bland for my taste."
"I made this, but I used 2 8 oz. pkgs. of cream cheese. 2 oz. would not set up enough to make a ball. What is the correct amount?"