Surf ‘n’ Turf Dinner
Beef and seafood make a tantalizing twosome in this classic entree from Coleen Gonring of Brookfield, Wisconsin.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 8 uncooked medium shrimp (about 1/4 pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each and 1-1/2 to 2 inches thick)
- In a small skillet, saute the onion and garlic in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil and 1-1/2 teaspoons butter until tender. Add broth; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in parsley. Cut a pocket in each steak; place three shrimp in each pocket. Cover remaining shrimp and broth mixture; keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook until meat reaches desired doneness (about 10-13 minutes for medium), turning once. Top with reserved shrimp and broth mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 606 calories, 50g fat (20g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Surf 'N' Turf Tenderloin in Cooking for 2 Premiere 2005