- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 16 uncooked medium shrimp (about 1/2 pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 to 2 inches thick)
- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add broth; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, about 3-5 minutes. Add parsley.
- Meanwhile, make a pocket in each steak by cutting horizontally from one side to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Place three shrimp in each pocket. Reserve remaining shrimp and sauce for garnish; cover and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook until meat reaches desired doneness (about 10-13 minutes for medium), carefully turning once. Top with remaining shrimp and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSurf 'n' Turf Tenderloin
"Great surprise for hubby on valentines day!!!"
"Made it for New Years Eve and it was a wonderful change."