Supreme Scalloped Potatoes
For a true down-home dinner, serve these creamy potatoes alongside your favorite roast beef. When I know I have a full day ahead, I'll assemble this casserole the night before. —Erla Burkholder, Ewing, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 8 medium potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven or large kettle, cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Cool completely; shred and place in a large bowl. Add 1 cup cheese and onion. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over potato mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 195 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 359mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Supreme Scalloped Potatoes in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Apr 9, 2012
I fixed this for a church Potluck and it was quickly finished off. I only cooked the potatoes partly not tender all the way through. I even put them in the fridge overnight and baked the next day and they turned out fine.