Supreme Scalloped Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 8 medium potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven or large kettle, cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Cool completely; shred and place in a large bowl. Add 1 cup cheese and onion. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over potato mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 195 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 359mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 9, 2012
I fixed this for a church Potluck and it was quickly finished off. I only cooked the potatoes partly not tender all the way through. I even put them in the fridge overnight and baked the next day and they turned out fine.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.