Supreme Roast Beef
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 to 5 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 6 to 8 bay leaves
- Place onion in a greased shallow roasting pan. Rub Worcestershire sauce and pepper over the roast. Place over the onion; top with bay leaves. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Discard bay leaves. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before carving. Thicken pan juices if desired.
Nutrition Facts8 ounce-weight: 301 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 45g protein.
Oct 29, 2012
I cut down on the pepper to two tsps.
Jan 4, 2012
This was very good. I might add a touch of salt or a bit more Worcestershire next time. I did thicken the juices to use as a gravy by adding 2 tablespoons of corn starch and heating over medium heat until thickened. If you do not like pepper (my family does) you might want to decrease the amount before cooking and let people add it as they desire. My family loved it the way it was.
Jul 13, 2008
This was very spicy. I will make it again using less pepper.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.