Supreme Potato Casserole Recipe
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Peel potatoes and cut into cubes.
- 2. In a blender or food processor, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, milk, sugar, salt and garlic powder; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the potatoes and onion.
- 3. Pour into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 158 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Supreme Potato Casserole
"I made this last night and it turned out amazing! I did not change a thing and also it fit nicely in my diet."