Supreme Pizza-Style Pasta
I guarantee that if this pizza mac is on the menu, everybody will be at the table come dinnertime! Use any of your favorite pizza toppings. I have used Canadian bacon and pinneapple, and my family really loved that. The combinations are only limited by your imagination. &mdashKelly Silvers, Edmond, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional pasta sauce, optional
- Fold two 18-in.-long pieces of foil into two 18x4-in. strips. Line perimeter of a 5-qt. slow cooker with foil strips; spray with cooking spray.
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Add pasta; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until edges become translucent. Stir in pasta sauce, water, pepperoni, and half of each of the following: mozzarella cheese, pepper, onion, olives and mushrooms. Transfer pasta mixture to slow cooker. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese; sprinkle with remaining vegetables.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until pasta is tender. Just before serving, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. If desired, serve with additional pasta sauce.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup (calculated without additional pasta sauce): 758 calories, 43g fat (16g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 1906mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 6g fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Pizza in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.