Supreme Pizza Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup each chopped fresh mushrooms, onion and green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped ripe olives
- 10 slices turkey pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 tablespoons pizza sauce
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- Sliced ripe olives, fresh mushrooms and/or green pepper rings
- In a food processor, combine the vegetables, olives, pepperoni, tomato paste and seasonings; cover and pulse just until blended. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in bread crumbs. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- On a greased grill rack, grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Serve on buns with cheese and pizza sauce. Add toppings if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 470 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1019mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 36g protein.
Jun 8, 2015
These were good, but not great. I didn't use olives or mushrooms since my husband doesn't like them. I think they need more seasoning to make them a 5 star recipe.
May 18, 2012
pretty tasty. everyone loved it
Aug 16, 2009
These Pizza Burgers were great. I also put in oven 350 degrees, for appox. 30 min.Eileen klar
Aug 13, 2009
I bet these would be GREAT baked in the oven. Not for sure how long or what temperature, but everyone doesn't have a grill!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.