- 1/3 cup each chopped fresh mushrooms, onion and green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped ripe olives
- 10 slices turkey pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 tablespoons pizza sauce
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- Sliced ripe olives, fresh mushrooms and/or green pepper rings
- In a food processor, combine the vegetables, olives, pepperoni, tomato paste and seasonings; cover and pulse just until blended. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in bread crumbs. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with cheese and pizza sauce. Add toppings if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSupreme Pizza Burgers
"These were good, but not great. I didn't use olives or mushrooms since my husband doesn't like them. I think they need more seasoning to make them a 5 star recipe."
"pretty tasty. everyone loved it"
"These Pizza Burgers were great. I also put in oven 350 degrees, for appox. 30 min.Eileen klar"
"I bet these would be GREAT baked in the oven. Not for sure how long or what temperature, but everyone doesn't have a grill!!"