- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oil, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients; set aside. Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to two greased 12-in. pizza pans; build up edges slightly.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread with sauce; sprinkle with toppings. Bake for 15-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 pizzas (10 slices each).
Reviews forSupreme Pizza
"This is an outstanding recipe and is VERY easy to do even for a beginner! I would definitely recommend this to anyone!"