Even if you've never made pizza from scratch, I hope you'll try this recipe. It's the highlight of my favorite casual meal. You have to plan ahead to allow rising time for the dough, but it is easy to work with and the crust is good.—Gaylene Anderson, Sandy, Utah
Recommended: Pizza-Flavored Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oil, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients; set aside. Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each portion into a 13-in. circle. Transfer to two greased 12-in. pizza pans; build up edges slightly.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread with sauce; sprinkle with toppings. Bake for 15-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 pizzas (10 slices each).
Originally published as Homemade Pizza Supreme in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2008, p48
Reviews forSupreme Pizza
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2012
"This is an outstanding recipe and is VERY easy to do even for a beginner! I would definitely recommend this to anyone!"