Suppertime Egg Burritos
Don't let the name fool you. Our kids love these hearty wraps morning, noon and night. My wife and I appreciate how fast and satisfying they are. The dash of salsa adds just the right "zip". —Scott Jones of Tulsa, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms, onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Remove and keep warm. In a bowl, beat the eggs, egg substitute, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Pour into the same skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until the eggs are completely set.
- Stir in sauteed vegetables. Spoon about 1/2 cup down the center of each tortilla; top with cheddar cheese and salsa. Fold ends and sides over filling. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 304 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Suppertime Egg Burritos in Light & Tasty April/May 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.