Summertime…and all suppers should be as easy as these hefty and flavorful hand-held sandwiches. Sent in by Esther Danielson of Lake Arrowhead, California, they’re sure to be a hit with all ages! TIP: For variety, a tad more sophistication or just easier eating, serve these scrumptious sandwiches open-faced.
Recommended: 36 Ways to Love Toast
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato, optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mustard or mayonnaise
- 2 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- Cut sausage in half widthwise; cut eat piece lengthwise to within 1/4 in. of opposite side. Place sausage cut side down in a large skillet; add red pepper, onion and butter. Cook over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomato if desired; heat through. Spread mustard over cut sides of buns; fill with sausage and vegetables. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Supper Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p24
Reviews forSupper Sandwiches
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2012
"These took only a few minutes to make and tasted delicious. I used a spicy brown mustard."