- 1/2 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato, optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mustard or mayonnaise
- 2 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- Cut sausage in half widthwise; cut eat piece lengthwise to within 1/4 in. of opposite side. Place sausage cut side down in a large skillet; add red pepper, onion and butter. Cook over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomato if desired; heat through. Spread mustard over cut sides of buns; fill with sausage and vegetables. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSupper Sandwiches
"These took only a few minutes to make and tasted delicious. I used a spicy brown mustard."