Superstar Spinach Salad Recipe
"Cantaloupe really 'stars' in this delicious salad—especially if you cut pieces into that shape," remarks Kathy Crow of Payson, Arizona.
- 1 cantaloupe half, seeded and peeled
- 7 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup halved green grapes
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Dash pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Cut melon half into 1/2-in. rings. Cut rings with a 1-1/2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter or into 1-in. pieces; place in a bowl. Add spinach, ham, onion and grapes. Chill for at least 2 hours. Place sugar, orange juice, vinegar, onion, orange peel and pepper in a blender; cover and blend until smooth. With blender running, gradually add oil until slightly thickened. Stir in poppy seeds. Cover and chill. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss. Top with pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Superstar Spinach Salad
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2012
"This is really wonderful. I never thought that I would like mixing my fruits and vegetables but this is fantastic and easy. I wish cantaloupe was in season all year long."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC