Super-Stuffed Mexican Potatoes
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 jar (16 ounces) black bean and corn salsa
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Optional toppings: chopped green onions, sliced ripe olives and sour cream
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-17 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the salsa, chicken and cheese. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted.
- 3. Cut an "X" in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Spoon salsa mixture over potatoes and sprinkle with tomato. Serve with toppings of your choice.
1 stuffed potato (calculated without optional ingredients): 518 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 1267mg sodium, 88g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 13g fiber), 26g protein.
Jun 27, 2017
Wow, these were amazing. Easy and Delicious!! KEEPER!
Oct 31, 2016
This recipe is a keeper for sure. So easy to prepare and also easy to play around with as far as ingredients go. We like chopped red onion, tomatoes, and green pepper along with olives and corn for topping.
Oct 29, 2015
My husband and I really loved this recipe. It was easy to make and delicious! Will definitely make it again.