- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 jar (16 ounces) black bean and corn salsa
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Optional toppings: chopped green onions, sliced ripe olives and sour cream
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-17 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the salsa, chicken and cheese. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted.
- Cut an "X" in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Spoon salsa mixture over potatoes and sprinkle with tomato. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Super-Stuffed Mexican Potatoes in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p20
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Super-Stuffed Mexican Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2015
"My husband and I really loved this recipe. It was easy to make and delicious! Will definitely make it again."