VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 jar (16 ounces) black bean and corn salsa
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Optional toppings: chopped green onions, sliced ripe olives and sour cream
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-17 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the salsa, chicken and cheese. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted.
- Cut an "X" in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Spoon salsa mixture over potatoes and sprinkle with tomato. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Super-Stuffed Mexican Potatoes in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p20
Reviews forSuper-Stuffed Mexican Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2017
"Wow, these were amazing. easy and Delicious!! KEEPER!"
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2015
"My husband and I really loved this recipe. It was easy to make and delicious! Will definitely make it again."