- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, cook sausage over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauces, salsa and reserved beef; heat through. Serve with pasta. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Reviews forSuper Spaghetti Sauce
" This is a super recipe because it follows the KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) formula of which I subscribe to. It is quick and easy to prepare with items already in my pantry. I don't have to stand over a hot stove conjuring up a complicated sauce recipe! Jar sauces are excellent and have a variety of ingredients besides mushrooms. And like many recipes, this can be modified to suit dietary requirements, tastes, etc. For example, I substitute Sweet Italian turkey Sausage for the Kielbasa. Thank you Bella Anderson for a Super Spaghetti Sauce Recipe."
"I thought this was great. my kids thought it was too much on the spicy side with the salsa, but I liked it. Maybe I'll just use a bit less next time."