Super Snowman Cookies
Bring on the holiday cheer by sharing these smiling snowmen. You’ll need only one of these giant cookies to satisfy a sweet tooth!—Lynn Burgess, Rolla, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Miniature marshmallows, cut in half, optional
- Light corn syrup, optional
- Colored sugars, tinted frostings, cM&M's minis and pretzel sticks
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. With a floured 3-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 10 circles. Repeat with 2-1/2-in. and 2-in. round cookie cutters. Reroll scraps. If desired, using a paring knife, cut top hats from remaining dough.
- On greased baking sheets, press together one circle of each size to form a snowman. Repeat with remaining circles. If using hats, place one on top of each snowman.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
- If desired, for ear muffs, dip marshmallows in corn syrup; roll in colored sugar. Let stand until dry. Frost and decorate cookies as desired using frosting, sugars, M&M's and, if using, ear muffs; insert pretzels for arms.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 341 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.