Bring on the holiday cheer by sharing these smiling snowmen. You’ll need only one of these giant cookies to satisfy a sweet tooth!—Lynn Burgess, Rolla, Missouri
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Miniature marshmallows, cut in half, optional
- Light corn syrup, optional
- Colored sugars, tinted frostings, cM&M's minis and pretzel sticks
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. With a floured 3-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 10 circles. Repeat with 2-1/2-in. and 2-in. round cookie cutters. Reroll scraps. If desired, using a paring knife, cut top hats from remaining dough.
- On greased baking sheets, press together one circle of each size to form a snowman. Repeat with remaining circles. If using hats, place one on top of each snowman.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
- If desired, for ear muffs, dip marshmallows in corn syrup; roll in colored sugar. Let stand until dry. Frost and decorate cookies as desired using frosting, sugars, M&M's and, if using, ear muffs; insert pretzels for arms. Yield: 10 cookies.
Originally published as Super Snowman Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2015, p20