- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-2/3 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 8 to 10 hamburger or hoagie buns, split
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the beef, onion, celery and green pepper until meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender; drain.
- Stir in the next nine ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forSuper Sloppy Joes
"I was expecting much more flavor with all the ingredients. I thought it was very blah. The only change I made was to add salt and it did not help."
"I followed the recipe exactly and was disappointed with the result. Surprisingly bland. This recipe as is, is not a keeper."
"I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to modify this recipe for an instant pot. My family loves the recipe and i love my new instant pot!Thank you"
"These are AMAZING!!! I've been making them for years, my family LOVES them!!"
"Taste was good, but mine needed more sauce. Only change I made was I pureed a tomato instead of using canned."
"Fantastic sloppy Joe recipe! It really hit the spot!"
"These sloppy Joes are soooo good! We will fix these again and again!!"
"These were very tasty. I had to omit the green pepper but still very good! Thank you for sharing!"
"I made this recipe the other night, and my husband and I both really liked it! There was just a tad too much brown sugar, so I'll cut back on that to 1 tbsp., but I definitely will make this again! This recipe made 6 sandwiches on whole wheat buns. It reminds me of sloppy Joes my mom used to make for us many, many years ago!"
"These. Are. Awesome. Best sloppy joes ever!"