Super Sandwich Recipe
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup stuffed green olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 unsliced round loaf (1-1/2 pounds) sourdough, white or whole wheat bread
- 1/2 pound sliced fully cooked ham
- 1/4 pound sliced salami
- 1/4 pound sliced cooked pork
- 1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced Muenster cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine cucumber, tomato, onion, olives and salad dressing; set aside. Cut 1 in. off the top of the bread; set aside. Carefully hollow out top and bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. (Discard removed bread or save for another use.) Layer a fourth of the ham, salami, pork and cheeses inside the shell. Top with third of the vegetable mixture. Repeat layers, ending with meat and cheeses, gently pressing down to flatten as needed. Replace bread top; wrap tightly in plastic. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe may be made a day ahead.
1 piece: 641 calories, 33g fat (15g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 1767mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Super Sandwich
"Difficult to eat, but Very Good!"