- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound chorizo (Mexican sausage)
- 1 can (31 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies, drained
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup bottled taco sauce
- Guacamole (recipe follows)
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- Additional cheese for garnish
- 3 large ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Brown meats together; drain well. Layer the meat mixture, refried beans, green chilies, grated cheese and taco sauce in 13-in. x 9-in. greased baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. For guacamole, peel and pit avocados and mash with remaining ingredients. Remove nacho mixture from oven; let cool about 5 minutes. Top with layers of guacamole, sour cream, tomato, olives and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 30 appetizer servings.
Reviews forSuper Nacho Appetizer
"This was good though next time I will substitute black olives for the pimiento stuffed olives."
"We served this at our Super Bowl party. Everyone loved it. Once the ingredients are gathered it's easy to put together."
"It looks and tastes absolutely delicious. My family loved it and I would definitely make it again."