Super Flatbread Wraps
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + rising Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oil, salt, whole wheat flour and 3/4 cup all-purpose flour; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 4 portions. Roll each into an 8-in. circle.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add a portion of dough. Cook for 30-60 seconds or until bubbles form on top. Turn and cook until the second side is golden brown. Remove and keep warm. Repeat with remaining dough, adding cooking spray as needed.
- Lightly oil the grill rack. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting steak thinly across the grain. Serve on warm flatbreads with lettuce, olives and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 348 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 770mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 18, 2012
The flatbread was really yummy. It made the sandwich really special. I marinated the steak in Greek dressing for several hours before grilling it.
Jun 7, 2010
We added ranch dressing and substituted spinach and used MOntreal Steak Seasoning
Oct 19, 2009
we loved this recipe! it's super easy and it's the only yeast recipe that has ever worked out for me. the flat bread is delicious and it's nice that it makes a small quantity. perfect for two
Aug 19, 2008
I am assuming the Nutrition Facts on this recipe include the Fillin of Beef Flanks. Can you give the Nutrition Facts of the Flatbread wraps only?