- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in taco seasoning.
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Skim fat before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSuper Fast Mexican Soup
"This recipe looks incredibly good. The carbs aren't bad at all. And (1) you could use turkey; (2) you could leave the meat out and substitute beans and rice (the protein would not be as much, but if we use beans and rice, it's a complete protein along with a little corn. Can't wait to try this. Thanks!"
"easy and fast--definitely! I added a can of refried beans to thicken it up a little. This is a great recipe for whipping up quickly to take to home-bound individuals, potlucks, etc. Everyone who tasted it loved it!"
"easy and nothing but raves."