Super Fast Cornbread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- Combine biscuit mix and cornmeal in a large bowl. Whisk eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients. Transfer to a greased 9-in. oven-proof skillet.
- Bake at 400° until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cut into wedges. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 201 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 6, 2015
It may be fast but doesn't taste very good - not sweet at all.
Jan 6, 2015
Too dry and not flavorful at all. I'll stick to the sweeter cornbreads.
Jun 10, 2014
Great texture, but not sweet enough for my taste. Might try again, but add some sugar to it next time.