Super Easy Spaghetti Sauce
At my house, we never know how many we'll have for dinner. That's why this spaghetti sauce is one of my favorites - flavorful, filling and fast. Italian sausage gives it depth, and salsa adds the kick. —Bella Anderson, Chester, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- Hot cooked pasta
- Shredded or shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same pan, cook sausage over medium heat until browned and no longer pink.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, salsa and beef; heat through. Serve with pasta; if desired, sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 284 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 874mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Pat's Super Spaghetti Sauce in 5-Ingredient/Back to School 2013 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.