- 2 cans (5 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup shredded peeled apple
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup finely shredded carrot
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread 1/2 cup tuna mixture over four slices of bread; top with remaining bread slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSuper-Duper Tuna Sandwiches
"I prepared this delicious tuna sandwich for my mom and I and it was wonderful, mom loved all the fresh crunchy veggies. I used regular mayonnaise. This recipe is a keeper.."
"I'm so excited to see my recipe here among some of the very best!!Thank you for publishing it!Nae' Bartolomeo"